Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!



Party of 15 and lunch at Mimi's cafe is where we spent Mother's Day. Shawn received cards, gift cards, flowers and a beautiful watch.

Jenna made a collection of poems for Shawn.
Here are a few of them:

All original poems by Jenna Dahlberg, age 9

*Haiku*
My mother is smart.
She is protective, also beautiful.

*Self Portrait*
My hair is like caramel beating under the sun.
My eyes are like Hershey's chocolate.
My lungs are as strong as a bull.
My nose is a slide in the park.
My heart holds caring, that is purple as plums.
I live in a gingerbread house and eat the candy.


*Quiet Poem*
My baby sister sleeping in her crib
Snow falling in the cold winter
Silently reading in a corner
Listening to the wind when no one is outside
Ending with the silence with me sleeping at night

*Loud Poem*
My baby sister crying when Jesse took her doll
My dad snoring at night
My friends playing outside
The TV in the afternoon
Me playing basketball in the gym


*The rainy day*
The day is all kinds of wonderful drinks
and filled with a bbq with ribs and steak
it is awesome.


*Inside this ball*
Inside this ball is little mini people
Bouncing up and down
Saying "higher, higher"
Waiting to burst out
This ball has been on many adventures
and many more to come.


*The animal in me*
There is a lion in me, with fur like a winter coat
and eyes like diamonds.
It roars like a screaming man,
it creeps like a lady bug.
It lives in my legs and makes me jump so high.
It makes me want to jump to the clouds.


*I am poem*
I am a baby
I wonder if I am going to see a dog
I see cats
I want my bottle
I hear yelling

I am five
I pretend I am grown up
I feel excited
I touch skin
I worry if I am grown up
I cry to sleep

I am nine
I understand writing
I say hello
I dream to fly
I try to fly
I hope I am not hurt
I am me

1 comment:

Grammie said...

Wow, great job Jenna, I didn't know you were such a good writer.