Monday, December 29, 2008

Shawn's 40th Birthday



I was dreading my 40th birthday all year, but was pleasantly surprised all day long. My day started with my mom's early morning birthday call. When I arrived to my office it was decorated to the max with balloons and streamers by my officemates. Then I received beautiful bouquets of flowers from Phil & Pat, my parents, my boss Julie, and also Jeff. My co-worker Tamara, coordinated a surprise lunch and cake and invited Jeff, the kids and Jeff's sister Michelle to the office to join us. Then when I got home from work, the kids surprised me with a large brownie cake that Jenna made (the candles melted into it, but it still tasted delicious.) The kids also made several birthday posters and posted them all over the house. We had reservations for "6" at Carrabbas for dinner, however a total of 18 relatives from Jeff's extended family were in attendance for an additional surprise. Thank you to everyone for the well wishes, e-mails, phone messages, lots of gifts, gift cards and love that was shown by all today. I felt much love. Thank you. Love, Shawn

1 comment:

Matt and Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to my Big Sis. Glad your day was great. So how does it feel to be 40? I can only say since I still have 8 years till i get there.